We've scoured the Internet looking for the best resources to help support your transition into Canberra. Below you'll find everything from local news and events, sporting and recreation facilities, public transport options and a wide range of community groups. If you think something is missing please email communications [at] dha.gov.au or dco.communication [at] defence.gov.au with your suggestions.
- Albury Wodonga Community Guide - the one stop shop for all things community-related in Albury. Here you will find information about different community groups, family and children services, parks and playgrounds, recreation and leisure and much more.
- Meetups in Albury Wodonga - helps you find and meet people in the local community who share your interests.
News and events
- DHA events
- DCO events
- Albury City Council & Facebook page
- Visit NSW - Albury-Wodonga
- The Border Mail & Facebook page
- Albury Wodonga News Weekly & Facebook page
Sport and recreation
- Wagirra Yindyamarra Sculpture Walk
- Gateway Island Belvoir Park Track
- Walking and cycling trails
- Swimming pools
Parks, playgrounds and reserves
Major sporting teams
DHA has engaged with utility providers to deliver ongoing savings and benefits to Defence members and their families. To view the current offers and savings in your area, visit your Online Services dashboard.
To save money on your bill check out the Energy-Saving Guide for NSW.