The Hunter and Northern NSW Region provides: beaches (Newcastle and Nelson Bay), city life (Newcastle), rural areas (Raymond Terrace and Maitland regions), small communities (Medowie) and regional townships (Singleton).
Suburbs of the Hunter Valley
- Singleton: The Singleton posting location includes the township of Singleton. This semi-rural township that has grown due to mining, wine-related industries and the Defence presence.
- East Maitland/Ashtonfield: Just 35 minutes from Newcastle city and 40 minutes from the stunning Pokolbin vineyards, this area has a major shopping centre (Greenhills), a range of public and independent schools and a nearby rail link to Newcastle and Maitland.
- Thornton: With ready access to the F3 and the main road to Newcastle nearby, this satellite suburb tends to offer large homes on reasonable sized blocks. Thornton has its own shopping centre, schools, day care centre and train station, and is also close to all the services of East Maitland. It is also a 25 minute drive from the RAAF base Williamtown.
- Port Stephens: This region includes the suburbs of Nelson Bay, Corlette, Salamander Bay and Anna Bay. The seaside community has a range of services including a large shopping complex, good quality sporting facilities, delightful cafes and restaurants, beautiful beaches, a yacht club and access to bays and the ocean for boating and water activities.
- Medowie: The closest housing community to RAAF Base Williamtown. A quiet location with a local shopping centre, medical centre, schools and indoor sports centre.
- Newcastle: Australia’s largest regional city offers a diverse range of entertainment and lifestyle options. Newcastle is known for its famous swimming and surfing beaches, modern cafes and fine dining restaurants, theatres, galleries, concert venues, sporting stadiums, boutiques, huge shopping complexes, private and public hospitals and universities.
- Raymond Terrace: The major appeal of Raymond Terrace is its close proximity to Williamtown as well as the wide range of services and activities on offer. Two moderately-sized shopping centres, an active main street with local shops and cafes, sporting centres and gymnasium, schools, medical centres and child care centres are all features of this area. Raymond Terrace is situated beside the Hunter and Williams Rivers which provide a range of water-based activities from fishing to skiing.
- Nelson Bay
This region includes the suburbs of Port Stephens, Corlette, Salamander Bay and Anna Bay. The seaside community has a range of services including a large shopping complex, good quality sporting facilities, delightful cafes and restaurants, beautiful beaches, a yacht club and access to bays and the ocean for boating and water activities.
NSW Public Holidays
Click here to see the public holidays observed in NSW during 2018.
Click on the navigation menu to explore amenities, community groups, key contacts in region and more.
Sourced from www.abs.gov.au
Hunter Valley Zoo, Werakata National Park, Hunter Valley Gardens, Hunter Valley Chocolate, Newcastle Harbour, Fort Scratchley
Welcome to Williamtown
Annual handbook for Williamtown and the Hunter region produced by the Air Force Association.
Sourced from Yahoo! Weather