Australia’s second largest city is a place of contradictions and hidden charms. Situated on the Yarra River, it is cosmopolitan, cultivated and football crazy. Residents experience excellent shopping, markets, restaurants and nightlife. With Melbourne's combination of world-class dining, art galleries, home-grown fashion and a packed sports calendar, it’s no surprise Victoria’s capital is regarded the world’s most liveable city.
Suburbs of Melbourne
Service residences in Melbourne are generally found in the north around Simpson Barracks, or in the west around RAAF Base Williams. Residences are also scattered in the Melbourne CBD. Information about Puckapunyal (north of Melbourne) and HMAS Cerberus, south-east of Melbourne on the Mornington Peninsula can be found from the 'Welcome to Victoria' menu. Both regions are at least an hour from Melbourne's CBD.
Around Simpson Barracks
Around Simpson Barracks there are the following local councils providing a range of services, local information and things to see and do -
- Banyule: includes the suburbs of Bundoora, Greensborough, Viewbank, Macleod, Watsonia and Yallambie
- Whittlesea: includes the suburbs of Epping, Mernda, Mill Park, South Morang and Doreen
- Moonee Valley: includes the suburbs of Ascot Vale, Keilor East, Niddrie and Moonee Ponds
- Moreland: includes the suburbs of Glenroy, Brunswick and Pascoe Vale
Around RAAF Williams
The following council areas provide a range of services, local information and things to see and do:
- Hobsons Bay: includes the suburbs of Altona, Newport, Seabrook, Williamstown and Spotswood
- Wyndham: includes the suburbs of Hoppers Crossing, Point Cook, Sanctuary Lakes and Tarneit
- Maribyrnong: includes the suburbs of Yarraville, Seddon, Edgewater and Footscray
VIC Public Holidays
Click here to see the public holidays observed in VIC during 2018.
Click on the navigation menu to explore amenities, community groups, key contacts in region and more.
Approximately 4.087 million.
Sourced from www.abs.gov.au
Royal Botanic Gardens Melbourne, Shrine of Remembrance, City Circle Tram, National Gallery of Victoria, Block Arcade, State Library of Victoria, Melbourne Museum, Melbourne Zoo, Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG), The National Sports Museum, The Regent Theatre.
Sourced from Yahoo! Weather